Job Postings Below
Send résumé to email@example.com
Child Care Coordinator
To provide care for the children in the nursery and further overall mission and ministry of Homer Congregational Church.
The Child Care Coordinator is accountable to the Pastor in consultation with the Board of Deacons.
Exhibit love for children, maturity, high moral character and personal conduct appropriate to work with children. Display ability to communicate well with children and families of all ages. Be experienced in care of infants, toddlers, and young children. Skilled in supervising volunteer assistants. Have excellent interpersonal and team building skills. Current certification in CPR and First Aid (verified with copy of CPR and First Aid cards). Participated in “Reduce the Risk” training as well as successful background check. Willing to promote the Opening and Affirming policy of the church.
Direct Church School Program
- Offer and provide for the emotional, physical and social needs of young children during the time they are in the church nursery
- Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities
- Prepare and maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing
- Provide light custodial services (i.e. clean up spills, wipe counters, sweep floor) as needed
- Monitor condition of toys, books, nursery equipment and supplies and alert the Board of Deacons of any needs
- In collaboration with the Board of Deacons, coordinate schedule and supervise adult and youth volunteer assistants
- Maintain updated attendance and registration records. Ensure compliancy with Nursery policies, as established by the Board of Deacons.
- Promote and publicize availability of the nursery to current and prospective parents, the congregation, and community; provide periodic submissions to the Church newsletter
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians of children; seek input on issues and needs of children of the congregation
- Act as a visible, welcoming presence to children, youth, parents and others.
Professional Growth and Development:
The Child Care Coordinator may attend education events and conferences as deemed appropriate and approved by the Pastor in consultation with the Board of Deacons.
Terms and Conditions:
This is a non-exempt, part-time position (~ 3-4 hours per week) with presence required on Sunday mornings and during other events as requested. Any time beyond 10 hours per week must have pre-approval by the Pastor. Normal duties are performed in the church facility. The primary guide for performance is this Job Description and other duties as assigned by the Pastor. The Child Care Provider needs to collaborate with the Pastor and Trustees to coordinate time away and make arrangements for substitute coverage.